In soccer, your first touch is everything.
With a bad touch, players can easily get dispossessed. But if you can control the ball like Christiano Ronaldo, you can tear defenses apart with your wicked skill.
Although training your control is not always that easy. That’s why I recommend you pick yourself up a soccer rebounder net.
You can set your soccer rebounder up anywhere from your backyard to your local training pitch. Practice hitting and receiving balls from the net to hone in on your skills.
In this guide, we’ll be giving you the low down on the best soccer rebounders on the market.
We’ll also be answering a few of your burning questions on what to look for when purchasing a soccer rebounder net.
Let’s kick things off with the best all-round soccer rebounder.
1. SKLZ Quickster Soccer Trainer - Best All-Rounder
- Provides a true-roll that helps master passing and...
- Maximize reps by trapping the ball out of the air...
- Work on volleys and half volleys with instep and...
- Shoots ball into the air for downward offensive...
- Portable, lightweight and stores easily
Get your head and your feet in the game with SKLZ’s new soccer rebound net. SKLZ create professional training equipment built to last and are one of the biggest and most reliable sports equipment brands globally.
Used by professionals across the English Premier League and the MLS, the Quickster Soccer Trainer is designed to help soccer players improve their passing and receiving skills. With two nets on either side of the trainer, one player can practice playing and receiving volleys on one side, while another can do the same on the other side of the net.
You can even practice your headers and controlling the ball with your chest!
And don’t worry about firing hard shots into the trainer. The suspended frame is strong and elasticated, meaning the trainer will hold up against some of the more powerful players in your team. My team loved using this product in our practice sessions as it was easy to assemble and very portable.
For those looking to practice a range of skills with a net that is durable and easy to pack away, look no further than the Quickster Soccer trainer.
- Easy to pack away.
- Players can practice headers, volleys, and passing with this net.
- Passes back like a pro.
- Can be used by more than two people at once.
- Some users have reported the netting can lose resistance over time, but the net itself is highly durable and long-wearing.
- Assembly instructions are difficult to follow, but the net is easy to assemble once you get the hang of things.
2. PodiuMax Portable Soccer Trainer - Great for goalkeepers
- 【UPGRADED VERSION】You ask and we listen! Here...
- 【IMPROVE SKILLS】For goalkeepers, this...
- 【2 IN 1 DESIGN】With our 2 nets design, it is...
- 【GAME-LIKE FEEL】With our rebounder net, you...
- 【PORTABILITY & EASY ASSEMBLY】Coming with a 4.3...
For over 20 years, PodiuMax have innovated to create high-tech training equipment to help players around the world perfect their craft. And they’ve not forgotten about goalkeepers either with their newest soccer rebounder net.
The first thing you’ll notice when you set this net up is how tall it is. It is perfect for any player wanting to practice their volleys, hitting high shots into the top half of the net. But the trap is ideal for goalies looking to work on their over-arm throws into the net.
Plus, this is perhaps the best soccer rebounder for providing unpredictable ball returns. Therefore it is a great tool keepers can use to improve their reactions and shot-stopping.
I found this net to be heavier than others on this list. But that made it very sturdy and gave the rebounds a match-like feel. I recommend looking into purchasing this net if you’re a goalkeeper looking to improve your ball-handling skills.
- Great for both goalkeepers and outfield players.
- Two nets on either side.
- Tall netting is excellent for volleys.
- Simulates a match-like feel.
- This net’s galvanized steel frame is heavy to lift and carry, but it is super sturdy and durable against hard shots.
- The frame can rust if left outside, but it is easy and quick to pack away.
3. FORZA Soccer Rebound Wall - Great for simulating lifesize goals
- TWO SIZES AVAILABLE – Choose between a 12ft x...
- REALISTIC REBOUND TRAINING – Designed with a...
- MULTI-SKILL TRAINING TOOL – Whether you’re...
- HEAVY-DUTY STEEL FRAME – This long-lasting...
- LARGE REBOUND NET – Designed with an extra-large...
FORZA are well known in the soccer community for producing some of the most reliable training goals on the market.
Providing a realistic shooting experience for strikers, the FORZA Soccer Rebound wall is a little smaller than a full-sized goal. Set the goal up and take a swing at it, but you won’t need to worry about putting extra power on your shot.
This rebounder’s heavy-duty galvanized steel frame makes it one of the strongest rebound traps on the market. Plus, its mesh-netting mimics the unpredictability of a real match, keeping you on your toes as you play shots into it.
Aside from this being a shooting tool, this rebounder’s height is one of its main selling points. I liked this net because you can practice everything from your volleys to your headers on this soccer rebounder’s large frame.
- Great for strikers.
- Excellent free-kick stopper.
- Can train multiple skills.
- Great for all abilities.
- The net takes some time to assemble, but it is highly durable.
- Plus, the net isn’t very portable, with its steel frame being rather heavy. But the frame is weatherproof, so you can leave it up in your backyard overnight.
4. PowerNet Soccer Rebounder - Best indoors and outdoors net
- 5'x5' MULTI-SPORT REBOUND NET - The unique tapered...
- PERFECT YOUR PASS / WORK ON RECEIVING - The dual...
- ULTRA PORTABLE / TRAIN ANYWHERE - Sets up in...
- TRAIN SOLO - Perfect training tool to practice by...
If you’re looking to improve your passing abilities, this could be the right trap for you. The PowerNet Soccer rebounder is a smaller yet tactile adaptation of the above soccer nets.
This is perhaps the best soccer rebounder for helping individuals work on their accuracy and power. Its unique tapered design allows players to bounce balls off both sides of the net. Plus, each side gives a different trajectory on the football. One side loops the ball into the air while the other produces a smooth ground pass return.
My favorite feature is that you can set this net up indoors or outdoors and still power killer shots into it without the net falling over.
Plus, it is effortless to assemble and pack away, taking less than three minutes to set it up. Coaches, this is a great net to have and can really help elevate your training sessions.
- Easy setup and disassembly.
- Great for solo players or teams.
- It can be used to play both air and ground passes.
- Also can be used for multiple sports!
- This net is relatively small in diameter compared to others on this list, but that makes it a great tool to help improve accuracy.
- Some users have reported the rebounder’s frame can break easily.
5. PowerNet Soccer Goal - The best soccer rebounder for youth football
- ONE 6 ft x 4 ft GOAL - Instant portable...
- EASY QUICK SETUP - Goals setup in minutes. No...
- PORTABLE - Collapsible training goal fold quickly...
- TRAIN ANYWHERE - Great for outdoor and indoor use....
PowerNet also produce a soccer goal adaptation on the classic rebound net. This is perhaps the best soccer goal to help young players simulate a realistic match experience.
Youth coaches can use this trap in their training sessions to create fun and intuitive passing and shooting drills for their team.
Plus, the great thing about this soccer net is that it is highly portable. Coaches can set them up anywhere, quickly and easily, and get their team playing as soon as you arrive at the training pitch.
I liked this product as it doubles as a soccer rebounder. Coaches can spin the net around and play passes into its back face, which doubles as a tense rebound wall. Personally, if I were a youth team coach, I’d have at least three or four of these in my equipment lock-up!
- Super portable.
- Great for youth football.
- Doubles as a rebound trainer and a goal.
- Great for target training.
- It can also be used on all surfaces.
- It isn’t a great choice if you’re looking to train volleys, but this soccer rebounder works well as a net and a passing rebound.
- Some users have reported the mesh lining around the net can easily tear; however, the net itself is very durable and can withstand hard shots.
6. Gear FC Soccer Wall - The best for ground passing
- DURABLE & STRONG-: Made from Made of High Density...
- 2X ANGLE REBOUNDER -Flip the rebounder over to for...
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY- Gear FC is a company built by...
- PORTABLE - At 40"x16" & 24lbs you can take your...
Gear FC provide equipment to some of the best teams in the MLS, including NYCFC. And this passing wall is a simple yet extremely effective way to raise your passing game to the next level.
Gear’s soccer rebounder passing wall is perhaps the most robust product on this list. Being made of high-density plastic material, the wall is superior to most other net traps on this list. You can also ping some hard shots at the wall without it falling over or breaking; it is super dense!
This product is any coach’s dream. You don’t have to fiddle and get tangled up in a net when you set this soccer rebounder up. Simply stand the wall up and kick out its two back supports. Plus, the rebounder also comes with two handholds, making it easy to carry and very portable. It is a dream bit of kit for any coach looking to run passing drills with his team.
- Strong against hard shots.
- Great for improving player passing.
- Easy to assemble.
- Gives natural passes back.
- This wall doesn’t allow players to train their volleys or touch under high balls, but it is specially designed to help players improve ground passing.
- Locking hinges on the back of the wall can rust easily when used in the rain, although Gear FC does offer a two-year warranty on this product.
7. RapidFire Mega X - Great for improving your first touch
- SMALL OR LARGE REBOUNDER – Choose between two...
- HIGH AND LOW REBOUND AREAS – Innovatively...
- HEAVY-DUTY STEEL MANUFACTURING – The frame of...
- PREMIUM REBOUNDING NET – Both delivery areas...
- CONVENIENT ASSEMBLY PROCESS – There are no tools...
RapidFire have created one of the best soccer rebounders that focuses on training your touch and your weak foot. This soccer rebounder is small in comparison to others. But it is designed to push the user to control the ball instead of firing powerful shots into the target zone.
You can choose to kick the ball between two high or low rebound areas. Play the ball up in the air and test your aerial skills. Or shoot the ball low and control passes coming along the ground towards you. My favorite feature of this soccer rebounder is its adjustable angle that allows you to alter the trajectory of the ball’s flight.
Its net is made of polyethylene bonding that can spray the ball out at unpredictable angles. That tests both your reactions and your ability to control passes coming at you. This is an excellent option for players looking to improve their performance and get better with the ball at their feet.
- Easy assembly process.
- Adjustable angles.
- Durable powder-coated steel frame.
- Fully portable.
- Can train half volleys, headers, and ground passes.
- This soccer rebounder can be particularly heavy and awkward to carry, but it is durable and weatherproof.
- Assembly instructions are limited, but this rebounder is quick to assemble and disassemble once you’ve mastered it.
8. SKLZ Adjustable Soccer Trainer - Most realistic passing
- Soccer rebounder for mastering first touch,...
- High-tension, adjustable-return design creates...
- Sturdy, heavy-weight design stands up to intense...
- Delivers game-like ball distances and speeds,...
- Rapid-tension net system and unique collapsible...
SKLZ have certainly thought ahead with this trainer and is designed to improve your ground passing and control. This rebounder is also fully adjustable, and you can train both your ground passes and volleys with this net.
Featuring a high-tension return design, players can simulate game-like pace and movement on the ball with this soccer rebounder. The tension can be tightened and slackened as you require, and you can also adjust the angle at which the soccer rebounder is set.
This soccer rebounder is also easy to collapse and store. It also boasts a durable polymer mesh netting that hooks onto the rebounder’s metal frame via a series of bungee cords. This is an excellent piece of equipment and is ideal for players training alone and those training as a group.
- Sturdy design.
- It can be used on multiple surfaces.
- Realistic pass-backs.
- Can train volleys.
- Fully adjustable.
- The net can move on the ground if the frame is struck hard by a football, but the structure itself can withstand hard shots coming in at different angles.
- Its collapsible frame can be a bit tricky to fold up but is very easy to assemble.
9. Flair Sports Pitch Back - Easy assembly
- HEAVY DUTY - Highest Quality Net / Bungees on...
- HIGH QUALITY - High visibility NEON ORANGE center...
- PRACTICE BY YOURSELF - This return net allows you...
- ALL AGE LEVELS - You will love this product for...
- TOP RATED - This product is rigid and made to...
Flair Sport’s rebound net is not just a soccer rebound net. You can use this net to train your skills across various sports, including baseball and lacrosse. Primarily, this rebounder is for soccer training and features a neat target in the middle, which players can use to boost their accuracy.
This soccer rebounder’s unique selling point is its efficiency. It is perhaps one of the easiest on this list to carry, set up, and pack down. All it requires is the user to fold out the stand at the back, and voila! You have yourself a soccer rebounder too! Players can also use this soccer rebounder to train their volleys. Naturally, the trap is angled upwards, providing a lofty ball flight on each of the returns it plays back to you.
This rebounder is the perfect training aid for those wanting to practice by themselves. And with its net being pulled taut over the frame, you can use it for a wide variety of other sports, not just soccer!
- High tension rebounder.
- Features unique target.
- Easy to assemble.
- Helps players train volleys.
- Great to use with other sports.
- Its net isn’t great for those wanting to train ground passes, but it is perfect for those training volleys.
- The soccer rebounder can slip and fall when its frame is struck hard with a ball, but the structure itself is extremely durable and long-lasting.
10. NET PLAYZ Rebound Net - Most portable soccer rebounder
- 1. Assembly Size 5FT x 3FT, Lightweight 3.7LBS
- 2. Easy set up, less than 90 seconds
- 3. Convenient and portable to take everywhere
- 4. Adjust angles and easy net fixing, included...
This is perhaps the lightest and most portable soccer rebounder on this list. Taking less than a minute to set up, this soccer rebounder net literally springs to life. Made of five fiberglass poles, the trap is very easy to carry and is easy to pack away into a handy carry bag. Once assembled, you can adjust the frame’s angle and tension as you look to train each of your skills.
Its fiberglass poles pull the mesh netting around the rebounder’s frame and provide a natural rollback on the football as you pass into the net. You can also use the rebounder to train your volleys and touch under the high ball. Simply angle the soccer rebounder into the air and chip the ball onto the net.
As a simple kit, this soccer rebounder aims to improve a player’s basic level skills and is ideal for youth footballers.
- Easy and fast assembly.
- Great for those looking to develop new skills.
- Allows players to train a variety of passing and ball control skills.
- Fully adjustable.
- Fiberglass poles are not very durable if struck by a football, although the netting itself is very strong.
- The net can also turn in the ground and needs to be regularly adjusted if the ball is struck at it at an angle.
Our Buying Guide
Here are five things you should look out for when you’re purchasing the best soccer rebounder for you.
To improve your soccer skills, you’re going to want to be training as much as possible. That’s why you need to purchase a soccer rebounder that is both strong and durable. For a long-lasting and robust soccer rebounder, check out the PodiuMax Portable Soccer Trainer.
Offers different training exercises
To get the best bang for your buck, you’ll want to pick out the best soccer rebounder that can provide you with multiple most training exercises. I personally prefer those like the SKLZ Quickster Soccer Trainer, which can test your ground passing and aerial skills.
No coach wants to be stood around at the end of the training, struggling to pack down multiple soccer traps. That’s why it’s always useful to go for a soccer rebounder like the Gear FC Soccer Wall.
Your needs as a player
Depending on what position you play, each soccer rebounder has various features that can help you improve your role in the team. Goalkeepers, for example, should take a look at the PodiuMax Portable Soccer Trainer, while strikers should go for the FORZA Soccer Rebound Wall.
The quality of the soccer rebounder
Players only get better by simulating match-like scenarios. Therefore, you should look to purchase a net that gives you a realistic ball rebound, as if you were passing to a player on your team. Check out the SKLZ Adjustable Soccer Trainer for one of the best soccer rebounder nets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are soccer rebounder nets good for team practice?
Yes. Many professional coaches across the country use rebounder nets in group sessions. They are used mainly in warm-up drills to help players focus their reactions ahead of a match or training session.
Do professional teams use soccer rebounders?
Many professional teams use soccer rebounders throughout the MLS and the Premier League during specialized training drills to help strikers and attackers play the ball around before attacking the goal.
What is the best soccer rebounder for youth players?
Many different rebounders are great to help youth players develop their skills. The PowerNet Soccer Goal is my recommended choice for youth team coaches. They are highly portable and perform multiple functions you can incorporate into your training sessions.
How to Make the Right Selection
My top tip to players and coaches is to invest in the best soccer rebounder for your skill level and what you’re looking to achieve in the game. If you want to improve your abilities and turn professional, look to grab a top-of-the-range soccer rebounder that will help you improve multiple skills, not just your ground passing.
But remember, no matter which soccer rebounder you’re looking to purchase, you must ensure you’re going to enjoy using the product and have fun incorporating it into your training drills. Soccer is all about having fun, and although we’re here to improve our skills, you also need to ensure you’re enjoying training sessions.
And particularly for parents and youth coaches, make sure you pick a soccer rebounder your kids or players can grow into!
If you found this guide useful, be sure to like and share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.