There’s nothing worse than hitting a sweet drive right down the fairway and then duff your approach chip onto the green.
It’s utterly heartbreaking.
I can’t count the number of times I’ve wanted to lash my wedges into the nearest bush because I’ve scuffed my chip.
Although something that I have learned in my time as a golfer is how invaluable practicing your chipping can be. That’s why you should definitely invest in a golf chipping practice net.
In this guide, I’ll look for the best golf chipping net that will help you become more efficient around the greens. Plus, I have a few tips on what features you should look out for when purchasing your chipping net.
Without further ado, here are the 7 best golf chipping nets.
PodiuMax Pop Up Chipping Net - Best for assembly
- 【PRACTICE LIKE A PRO】PodiuMax utilizes three...
- 【GOLF ANYWHERE】The net can be packed in a 1.2...
- 【USER FRIENDLY】Our instant pop-up design helps...
- 【ENJOY WITH FRIENDS】Set up a game or a...
- 【NOTE】 We suggest you use golf foam balls to...
For 20 years, PodiuMax have been designing and building some of the most innovative sports practice equipment on the market. From golf to American football, you PodiuMax have many products that will help you practice and better your game anywhere and anytime. And with the PodiuMax Pop Up Net, you can also practice your golf all year round!
If you’re like me and hate the hassle of fiddling to assemble things, this is the chipping net for you. This net packs away into a 1.2 ft handbag, and once pulled out of the bag, it literally springs to life. But that doesn’t mean it skimps on other features; no, this chipping net features three small targets and two big targets you can use to dial in your chipping.
The net itself is highly durable. Although I probably wouldn’t recommend swinging a five-iron at it, you’ll feel comfortable in the knowledge that it is robust enough to catch your chips from a long distance. Plus, it is sturdy enough to catch those chips without buckling, meaning it’s a great all-rounder!
- Easy assembly
- Multiple targets
- Small when packed away
- It can be pretty difficult to pack away, but once you’ve mastered the technique, it becomes pretty efficient
- This net is relatively small compared to others, making it super light and easy to transport.
Jef World Of Golf Chipping Net - Best for winter golfers
- Sharpen your skills with the ultimate folding...
- Features 3 chipping baskets for the ultimate...
- Great for left or right handed golfers
- Perfect for any skill level
- Fully expanded size: 30-inches in diameter
Although it resembles a camping chair, this net is here to sharpen your golf skills. And winter golfers can breathe a sigh of relief as this chipping bucket’s collapsable stand means your golf target is raised off the muddy wet ground you’ll be playing on. That means you can pop the stand-up and down as and when you fancy a chip without having to worry about cleaning dirt off the bottom of the netting.
This target features four chipping baskets you can test your chipping on. But don’t worry about putting a hole in its mech netting. The structure is made of a sturdy spring steel frame and durable mesh, which can easily handle the shots you’ll be playing at it. The target is highly durable too, and as it’s raised from the floor, the net won’t get wet as much as other chipping targets, meaning it’ll last you a lot longer.
Lastly, if you’re like me and are always suffering from a bad back, the raised baskets on this target mean you don’t have to stretch and bend over as much when collecting all of your golf balls. You won’t have to bend down to collapse the target either, saving you from putting any unnecessary extra stress on your back!
- Foldable and portable.
- Durable and stable.
- Easy to assemble.
- Raised from the ground.
- Great for winter golf.
- Four chipping baskets.
- It is a large target to store, but it is straightforward to assemble and disassemble.
- Hard to stand up in windy conditions, users online have bought pegs to secure it to the ground to combat this.
Sparkly Strike XL Net - Great for accuracy
- Play Backyard Golf - Practicing your chip shots...
- Your Complete Golf Training Net Set - Set up this...
- Durable And Functional - The sturdy fabric and...
- Easy To Set Up And Store - Set up our lightweight...
- Ideal Gift For Golfers And Golf Enthusiasts -...
Despite this being one of the largest golf chipping buckets on the market, this target is built to help you improve your accuracy. Chipping can be one of the most addictive parts of your practice. It’s something you can do for hours, just trying to get the ball to hit the target, and this chipping net will help you do exactly that.
With multiple small targets, this piece of kit will challenge you to chip in from different angles to find each of the colored targets lining its face. You’ll find yourself perfecting your shot angles, as well as the loft on each of your shots, as you pop balls in from the comfort of your back yard. What’s more, is you can stand a little further back and test your chips from a more extended range in the comfort that because it’s so broad, it’ll trap most wayward shots you hit at it.
I like this net as it can help you improve on the loft of your chips. I practiced scooping under the ball with two high targets and two low targets and bumped and ran shots at the lower targets. It’s the perfect tool to help amateur golfers work on saving shots around the greens!
- Eight buckets with four primary targets.
- Great for improving accuracy.
- Sturdy and durable.
- Large surface area.
- Easy to set up.
- High-quality netting.
- Quite a large net to store, but it is easy to pull out the bag and set up within minutes.
- Its netting isn’t the most durable compared to other targets on this list.
Relilac Chipping Net (3 pcs) - Best for working on your distance
- 【PRACTICE LIKE A PRO】Includes 3 Chipping...
- 【GOLF ANYTIME & ANYWHERE】Targets can be packed...
- 【USER FRIENDLY】Pop-up design helps you set up...
- 【ENJOY WITH FRIENDS】Set up a game or a...
- 【EXCELLENT QUALITY】Made from durable nylon...
Now aside from getting three nets for the price of one, the Relilac is perhaps one of my favorite chipping practice nets on the market. It is the best for helping you get better at gauging your distance. I like to line the three targets up at varying distances and angles and shoot balls at each one. Not that I get any in, but it still helps me improve on how hard I’m hitting each of my chips!
The nets come in three different sizes too. You’ll get a 24”, 18”, and 12” diameter chipping bucket, which means you can also work on your aim with these targets. They are perhaps the most portable, each packing into a 1.2 ft handbag that literally weighs nothing, meaning you can pop them up in seconds and get chipping. The nylon mesh is also highly flexible to catch your shots and won’t buckle as you drop high lobs into the back of the net.
Plus, if you have a group of friends that love golf, you can set up a competition that’ll make your practice a little more entertaining. I like to set the targets out and score points with how many shots I can drop into each, usually not many! Anyway, I would definitely recommend the Relilac to any golfer looking to improve on their chipping distances while also having a bit of fun!
- Great to help perfect your distances.
- Easy to assemble.
- Three target nets.
- It can be challenging to get back into the carrying case, but are very easy to pop up.
- Nets can buckle if you hit hard shots into them.
Galileo Golf Net - Helps you improve your swing
- 🏌️MUST HAVE GOLF CHIPPING NET: 26x26in. The...
- 🏌️AWESOME QUALITY MATERIAL CHIPPING NET: The...
- 🏌️CHIPPING NET SUITS FOR REAL GOLF BALLS:...
- 🏌️CHIPPING NET IMPROVE YOUR AIM: This Golf...
- 🥇IDEAL CHOICE FOR FRIENDS: Match the Galileo...
This chipping net is a little different from the others. Instead of having a pitched bucket opening, it’s slightly more upright to help you work on your pitching and smaller chips around the greens. These small five-foot chips are the ones I see golfers mess up the most. But this target can help you get over those chipping yips.
Made of strong fiberglass, which is cased around an iron pipe, this chipping net will not rust or buckle as you strike balls into it. That means you can stand reasonably close to this net without worrying about damaging its support structure. That also means you can work on swinging through the ball more fluidly without worrying about slicing or cutting the ball away from the target. Plus, the target’s low angle of approach means it will catch balls that are lower in their flight trajectory, allowing you to work on your contact with the golf ball.
This net also comes in two sizes of 24” and 26” inches. I recommend you go for the larger option as this will collect more of your shots as you look to work on the shape of your swing and your connection against the golf ball. It’s also great for indoor use!
- Great for working on your ball striking.
- Strong frame.
- Wide bucket opening.
- Durable mesh net.
- Pegged to the floor to stop any movement.
- Great for use indoors.
- It’s low angled face means it’s not great for pitching, but it is a great net to help you improve your bump and run shots.
- Doesn’t come with a carry bag.
Veggicy Chipping Net - Great to help protect your lawn
- 《This is a magical golf chipping net》 The...
- 《Golf chipping net that can be set in one...
- 《Golf chipping net for easy storage》 The size...
- 《Golf chipping net that anyone can use》 Our...
- 《 Customer is god -- excellent service 》 We...
Sometimes chipping can turn into chunking. Instead of fluidly following through the ball, we’ve all chunked the ground and taken a crater out of the earth, large enough to dig to Australia. Obviously, you don’t want to be hacking your lawn down when practicing your chipping, so why not invest in the Veggicy net that comes with a chipping mat and a tee too!
You can even use the chipping mat and net to practice on your patio if you want or wherever you are, for that matter, as the net is so easy to carry and erect, this means you can golf anywhere! The net’s targets are small but aren’t hard to hit, making it an excellent tool for less experienced golfers to hone in on their chipping skills.
I’d also recommend purchasing this net if you’re limited on outdoor space and are looking to practice your chipping indoors or in a confined space.
- Great for indoor chipping.
- Practice your chipping anywhere.
- Includes a chipping mat.
- Easy to assemble and carry.
- Great for improving accuracy.
- The synthetic outer material is not as durable as other chipping nets, but its mesh netting is strong and sturdy.
- Can buckle under harder shots.
BattleChip Backyard Cornhole Game - The best golf target net for fun
- BATTLECHIP MATCH: An exciting new hybrid between...
- TOURNAMENT PLAY: Compete against friends over 9...
- CHIPPING IRON NOT INCLUDED: B.Y.O.C. - Bring Your...
- FUN FOR ALL: Great for all ages and abilities!...
- GOLFER FAVORITE: Designed by golfers for golfers;...
Challenge your mates to an exciting game of cornhole with a twist. Instead of throwing beanbags, you have to chip golf balls into your opposition’s chipping net. While working on your chipping abilities, challenge your friends to a competition to see who is the best golfer.
The set comes with two targets, each with three different buckets you can pitch the ball into. Although it is quite a challenging game with a golf club and ball, it is great fun to play, and things can get very competitive very quickly. Plus, the game comes with two chipping mats, meaning you can play this game pretty much anywhere! The set is also easy to set up and pack away too and can be transported in a small carry bag.
With its small buckets, this game will really challenge your chipping accuracy and will help you hone in on both your power and precision with your wedges.
- Great fun to play with your friends.
- Helps improve accuracy.
- Comes with two mats.
- Can be used to play and practice anywhere.
- It is not the best golf net to help you improve your golf skills, but it is the best for having fun!
- It takes some time to assemble despite it having a straightforward assembly process.
Our Buying Guide
Make sure you remember the following top tips when you’re purchasing your new chipping net.
Depending on your skill level, you might want to keep in mind the number and size of targets your chipping net might have. For beginners, I recommend purchasing a trap that has quite a broad target like the Sparkly Strike XL Net. For those going for the narrow targets, check out the Jef World Of Golf Chipping Net.
Slow play on the course is always frowned upon. Likewise, if you’re able to easily pop-up and disassemble your chipping practice net when and wherever you want, you’ll have more time to practice your golf. Check out the PodiuMax if you’re looking for a trap that’s easy to assemble.
Whether your chipping indoors or outdoors, you don’t want your chipping practice net to topple over as you hit golf balls into it. Likewise, you want to get your bang for your buck out of the net, so make sure you purchase a strong, sturdy, and hard-wearing net like the Jef World Of Golf Chipping Net, which you can also use throughout the winter.
Depending on what part of your chipping game you’re looking to improve, bear in mind that each net will cater to different skills. If you’re looking to perfect your distance with your wedges, take a look at the Relilac Chipping Net. If you want to improve your swing, try using the Galileo Golf Chipping Net.
The best pitching targets are those that can be assembled and used wherever you want. In my opinion, the ultralightweight Veggicy Chipping Net is probably the best for portability as it comes with a chipping mat, meaning you can literally take this net anywhere, set it up, and start playing off any surface you like.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much space do you need for a golf chipping net?
That depends on the types of chips you’re practicing. If you’re practicing small pitch and runs, you need next to no space. But if you’re working on your lofted chips, you’ll probably need to practice outside with a bit of clear ground around you.
Should I use my chipping net indoors?
Using your chipping net indoors does come with some inherent risks. If you’re an accomplished golfer, then you probably have nothing to worry about. But I’d still advise you to hit your shots away from your TV or any fragile objects.
Does hitting off a golf mat hinder your golf game?
Yes, hitting off mats does not simulate the same connection you’d find if you hit off the grass. But mats do allow you to practice on any surface and can also be beneficial to help protect your back yard.
Even the pros like Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods can’t practice on the golf course all year round.
For that reason buying a chipping practice net will help you save hundreds of shots around the greens without spending money on the driving range.
With a pitching net, you can even practice from the comfort of your living room and vastly improve your game even when you’re not able to go to the course.
One top tip to remember when purchasing your pitching net is to pick a product that will cater to what you need to improve on as a golfer. Some chipping nets are better for accuracy, and some are better for helping you work on your swing. Identify your pitching problem, and you’ll find a chipping target that’s right for you.
If you found this post helpful, be sure to share it with your golf buddies on Facebook or Twitter!