I started playing Basketball back in middle school. Since then, I never really let it go. It became a massive part of my life.
Let me tell you about this one thing that happened while I was playing with my team. We were having fun playing some basketball. It was a practice game. I dribbled my way through the defenses, and I tried turning around to shoot. What happened next was that I sprained my ankle!
It was a first, and I screamed out in pain. After keeping an ice pack on my ankle, my coach told me, ¨You could have avoided that if you wore the correct type of shoes!¨
That was it, I thought. No more skimping out on proper footwear. One injury was enough to teach me the importance of using the correct footwear.
I don’t want you to go through the pain of injuries to understand the same. So here is an attempt to help you find the perfect basketball shoe for you.
1. Nike Men's Shoes Kyrie 6 - Best Lightweight Shoe For The Dunkers
- Style#: BQ4630-004
- The Nike Air Zoom Turbo unit under the ball of the...
- An adjustable strap crosses over the laces to keep...
- A multi-angle blade pattern is designed to grip...
- Plush, padded collar gives you a secure,...
This shoe gives you the benefit of having a fantastic grip with ankle support. Helps you move around in all directions smoothly.
Manufactured with ballistic mesh keeps it lightweight at the forefoot and also made of premium leather. So when you want to go for that Lay-up, your shoe will be your best friend. This shoe adds on an adjustable strap over the laces for extra protection if you need to have an abrupt change in direction.
This Nike shoe will do wonders for you because first, these are the best budget basketball shoes; second, it’s branded, and third, it helps you give your team the best performance. Also, look at it! It’s beautiful.
- Has great traction
- Durable material
- The mid strap is very helpful
- Very good guarding shoe
- Can be tight
2. Adidas Men's Harden Stepback Basketball Shoes - Best For The Grip
These budget shoes give in all for you to ace your game. This signature shoe by James Harden includes bounce cushioning, keeping your midsole as comfortable as could be. Basketball games can tire. Those will keep you fresh with their fantastic breathability. Thus, when you do that dunk of yours, these shoes help you make your shot.
They manufactured this Adidas shoe to be lightweight with a synthetic sole along with underfoot cushioning. The outsole provides a super grip function, making the court feel extra smooth to play on.
The best part is the wide forefoot that keeps your feet comfortable during the entire game. That will make you focus more on the game and give you the flexibility to pass elsewhere from the defensive with ease.
- Comfort at a flea market price.
- Stylish and comes in different colors.
- Durable and gives that super grip.
- Material favorable to play in.
- The traction takes getting used to.
3. Puma Men's Uproar Hybrid Court Core Athletic Basketball Shoes - Best For Your Outdoor Games
These are some of the best basketball shoes under $100 by Puma. You can wear them both on the court and outdoors. You might already know, Puma is a global brand. They definitely don’t need an introduction.
This shoe comes in the perfect choice for beginners. It contains a heel made of a TPU wrap-around piece that prevents slippery during play and helps you take a shot during a Free Throw.
These performance shoes are made with mesh and are lightweight, and will enable you to give your best. It contains a rubber outsole of a multidirectional and herringbone pattern. With its blade in traction, it provides much-needed support to make your offensive moves right.
These budget basketball shoes use NRGY and Ignite foams technologies for their midsole cushioning, making you feel energetic throughout the game and keeping your legs stress-free.
- Low to the ground
- Because of its rubber outsole, players can use this for outdoor games as well.
- The blade traction gives good cuts, easing your breaks.
- Less variety of colors.
- Not very bouncy
4. Under Armour Men's Spawn 3 - Basketball Shoe - Best Breathability In A Shoe
- Under Armour’s mission is to make all athletes...
- Where we started? It all started with an idea to...
- The technology behind Under Armour's diverse...
This pair of top-notch, low-top quality shoes by Under Armour gives basketball players value for money. This shoe is known for its flexibility, allowing you to make your moves towards your goal. The Micro G Foam used for its midsole gets your lockdowns so efficient while giving your takeoff a massive push.
Manufactured using molded layers of TPU films. Along with this, there is extra padding around the tongue and collar parts giving your feet utmost comfort. It also uses the die-cut EVA sock liner that provides underfoot cushioning.
A few reasons you should get this are: first; it comes at an affordable price; second, it makes you feel fresh with its breathability performance. Third, it has incredible traction of superior quality.
- Great traction.
- Good cushioning.
- The heel can be unstable as it has a large curve.
5. Nike Men's Kd 13 Bred Basketball Shoes - Best For Comfort
- Style#: CI9948-002
- A second Zoom Air unit is stacked underneath the...
- The soft upper is lightweight and flexible. It's...
- Visible cutouts in the midsole help reduce weight,...
- Soft tongue and cushiony collar enhance all-around...
One of the finest and affordable basketball shoes under $100 is Kevin Durant’s 13th signature sneaker by Nike. These basketball sneakers are known for their close-to-foot cushioning support with a good level of comfort. The feature that stands out in this is the double stacked Zoom air unit that helps in better movement.
This budget shoe contains a rubber outsole. It gives a good grip to the player when running on the court, making it an excellent choice for great traction. This shoe is also known for its durability, either played on courts or outside. Minimal material is used to manufacture this shoe. The tongue of the shoe and its cushioned collar are soft, making it a comfortable fit.
These are some of the most lightweight shoes and certainly, one of the best.
- Good choice because of a hard grip and reliable traction.
- Uses material that is not prone to collect dirt.
- Great cushioning
- As it uses minimal material, the support it provides is not enough.
- Slim cut
6. Puma Men's Clyde Hardwood Team Shoes - Best For Quick Wearing
Get your best cheap basketball shoes under $100 with this signature model by Walt Clyde Frazier. Him being a player from the olden days; he gives us this vintage-looking shoe to create your success. This vintage shoe has been manufactured using the current technologies, so go ahead and make your Alley-Oop.
These shoes are built with a Pro Foam midsole, which helps in giving you a super energy return to make your rebounds and takeoffs with the most energy. With this, it contains a forefoot webbing that helps in maintaining a stable performance on the court. These budget shoes give you a high abrasion worth the money because of their rubber outsole for the grip that you always need.
This shoe’s fundamental characteristic is the option of using this shoe as a slip-on for easy removal.
- Reviewed as one of the finest basketball sneakers
- Have been manufactured with best materials
- Has a beautiful vintage look
- This low-top shoe is very comfortable to wear
- Cushioning is very basic
7. Adidas Men's Pro Bounce 2019 Low Basketball Shoe - Best For Those Who Want Style
Glide around the court with the support of the Adidas Pro Bounce budget basketball shoe. These shoes come with a low-top padded ankle collar, allowing you to be flexible while making your defense.
Built-in with cushion pods, it comforts you for your entire game. A flexible bounce in the midsole gives you an experience of responsiveness. It controls the grip using the herringbone pattern. These shoes contain the traditional tongue providing a locked-in fit while you score in your 2-point basket.
The outsole has a distinct feature that comes with flex grooves that understand your natural way of movement. It supports you along with your every move.
- A very stylish product.
- Has good cushioning
- Dead space at the forefoot
- Traction can wear off as it holds in a lot of dust
8. Under Armour Men's Sc 3zer0 Iii Basketball Shoe - Best For Foot Support
- Durable synthetic leather upper is perforated for...
- Half bootie construction for internal comfort &...
- Enhanced cushioning around ankle collar for...
- Die cut EVA sockliner provides underfoot...
- Micro G foam midsole turns cushioned landings into...
Get in your best basketball shoes under $100 with Stephen Curry´s signature sneaker. This model helps you make your best defense moves and gives you excellent support in helping you make those baskets.
These top-notch sneakers come with a durable outsole with a herringbone pattern at an affordable price. Making it a stylish sneaker, it manufactures the upper using synthetic leather. Micro G foam has been used for the midsole, providing good protection for lockdown impacts.
It contains a die-cut EVA sock liner cushioning for the underfoot.
The reason you would want to purchase this pair of performance basketball shoes is their midfoot shank that protects you from rolling over. It also assists you in playing full length in the most efficient manner possible.
- Good comfort level.
- Sleek appearance.
- Very supportive
- Amazing Synthetic leather
- Cushioning is a bit stiff and not bouncy
- Laces untangle easily
9. Nike Precision 3 - Best All-rounder Budget Basketball Shoe
- Mid-top design with padded collar offers comfort...
- Engineered quarter panel and additional eyelets...
- Multi-directional traction with dual pivot points...
Make way for these best basketball shoe brands under $100 with Nike’s Precision 3. As the name goes, these shoes team up with you to give in your best 2 pointers and 3 pointers with precision. This shoe is one of the budget basketball shoes that are unisex.
Nike manufactured this one keeping almost everything in mind, including the price! It is known for a breathable mesh upper, lightweight midsole giving good support and control. Also, it has multidirectional traction, which provides a good grip on your abrupt moves. Contains two levels of cushioning, making your game a soft and smooth one.
It is suitable for people with wider feet. It also features eyelets going until the collar for a better secure fit.
- Less break-in time.
- The model has a super grip and durability with its rubber outsole.
- Good color range
- Has good cushioning with a good level of bounce.
- One of the best traction shoes on our list would be the Nike Precision 3
- It can be tight for some
- The material for the upper may not be that great
10. Adidas Dame 7 Unisex Basketball Shoe - Best For Shifty Players
- Style#: FX6616
- The lightweight midfoot system ensures ample...
- Integrated lacing on the upper provides a snug...
- Lightstrike foam midsole ensures cushioning.
- Supergrip rubber outsole with custom computerized...
Performance basketball shoes by Damian Lillard are one of his signature shoes. These are budget basketball shoes that come at an affordable price for shifty players.
These shoes also come with an advantage for players who love to play hoops outdoors. Built with 100% synthetic material, it contains the regular rubber outsole. Lightstrike cushioning has been placed with comfort in the forefoot.
The traction is ok, but not the best. But it does provide a very secure and stable feel. These shoes are built especially for players with wide feet.
- Outdoor use
- Less Cushioning
- Less traction
Our Buying Guide To Find Your Perfect Basketball Shoes Under 100 Dollars
To choose your best cheap basketball shoes, there are certain factors that you need to adhere to to make the right choice. Look not only at the price tags but also look at the value it brings to you in return as well.
If you want to have a brilliant performance on the court, you need to make sure your basketball shoes provide a good traction record.
What is traction? Traction is your basketball shoes’ ability to grip and keep you steady while you move around the court. Some shoes with poor traction can make them feel slippery, while some shoes have a vital traction feature built that gets you moving around without effort.
The Ankle Collar
This ankle collar gives you a guide on how much comfort you need in your basketball shoes. There are three types of ankle collar shoes, high ankle, mid-ankle, and low ankle.
High ankle – This is one of the best where the ankle support provides excellent comfort and protects you from injuries.
Mid ankle – It also covers the ankle and also provides flexibility in making players jump with ease.
Low ankle – Good for players who need to move fast in the game as it gives a more open area of the foot and helps when defending or offending.
The best shoe for the high ankle for ease and comfort will be Nike Men’s KD 13
Cushion being one of the most important as it holds your entire foot and needs to be given utmost importance.
You need to check on the below two points when deciding on the level of cushioning.
Height of the Cushion
Make sure it is on medium level because –
- If it is too high, you are unstable, leading to injuries while landing.
- If it is too low, there will be little to no effect in having a cushion as it will not serve the purpose.
Bounce of the Cushion
The bounce is essential when deciding on the best basketball shoe as it highlights the effect on how responsive you would be when you move on the court. The cushion should not be too stiff nor too soft.
One of the best cushion shoes on our list is the Under Armour Men’s Spawn 3.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can basketball shoes be used for the gym?
Yes, basketball shoes can be used for the gym as it comprises ankle support and keeps it protected. As long as it’s comfortable, go ahead.
Can basketball shoes be used for casual wear?
Yes, you can. It looks very fashionable when worn with casual clothing and gives the level of comfort too.
How to make basketball shoes more grippy?
Below are some ways you can do so:
- By regularly cleaning the soles.
- Using grip lotions/enhancers.
- Making sure the basketball court is clean.
- Replace the sole if it really needs it.
Are basketball shoes supposed to be tight?
Get a shoe size where you can move your toes. Too tight can lead to swelling, and you don’t want that. If it’s too loose, try wearing two pairs of socks.
Are basketball shoes good for everyday use?
Yes, you can use it every day, yet, remember, every shoe has a life span, so the longer you use it, the faster it will wear off. But, as this page shows you many cheap basketball shoes, you can buy a new one anytime.
Have You Chosen Your Favorite Basketball Shoe Under $100?
It all boils down to the fact of what you choose. Everyone’s taste is unique, yet, most of us have one thing in common. I would love to have a pair of the best basketball shoes that give a great price and show the people that performance means more than the shoe’s quality.
Choose your shoe as per your primary need – is it the traction or the design or comfort? What matters most to you? You decide.
You should keep our practice going hard, train well, and if you are a shooter, train to be the best dunker in the world.